This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tortilla White Bean Chicken Soup

3 chicken breasts
3 cans white beans, drained
1 jar salsa
2 c cheddar cheese
1 T cumin
2 cans chicken broth
1/4 c cilantro
2 T lime juice

Garnishes:
tortilla chips
sour cream
sliced avocados

Place the chicken breasts into a large pot with the broth and salsa.  You may need to add extra water if the soup is too thick.  Let the chicken simmer until it is nearly cooked through.  Add the canned beans, cilantro, lime, and cheese to the soup.  Remove the chicken pieces and shred or cut into chunks.  Place back into soup.  Season soup with cumin, salt, and pepper as desired.  Serve with garnishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment