This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Smothered Blue Cheese Steak

Bleu cheese Butter:
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c bleu cheese (can also use parmesan or feta)
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 c parmesan cheese

4-6 pieces of good, quality steak
8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced or cut into fourths

Puree all the butter ingredients until smooth.  Place one steak per person on a baking stone or in a 9x13 pan.  Season with Montreal Steak Seasoning (or salt and pepper).  Place in the oven on a low rack and broil for 5 minutes.  Take steaks out of oven and drain off any juices.  Spread bleu cheese butter ALL over steaks generously.  Dice mushrooms and place around steaks.  (Yeah, that's not happening at my house . . . at least not on my steak!) : )  Put back in the oven and broil for another 5-10 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your steaks.  Can serve with extra bleu cheese butter on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment