This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Maple Brown Sugar Ham

7-8 lb bone-in spiral ham (or boneless)
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c natural maple syrup
2 c pineapple juice
dash of nutmeg
1/2 t salt

Unwrap the ham and discard the flavor packet.  Place the ham into a large 6-7 quart slow cooker, flat side down.  Rub the brown sugar on all sides.  Mix together the pineapple juice, maple syrup, nutmeg, and salt. Pour the juice over the ham.  Cover the ham and cook on low for 4-5 hours.  An hour before serving, baste the ham with the collected juices from the bottom of the slow cooker.  When cooking is done, remove carefully and let it rest on a cutting board for 10 mins before carving.  Serve with the extra juices on the side for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment