This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rumbi's Chicken and Mango Salad

I made this the other night with some trepidation . . . but it turned out SO good!  Never mind that the kids ate theirs a la carte, I put everything together on mine and it was FANTASTIC!!!

2 heads romaine, chopped
1/2 c feta cheese
3 tomatoes, diced
1 mango diced (or can use mandarin oranges)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and seasoned with steak seasoning or lemon pepper
1 bag tortilla chips
2 c cooked rice

Dressing:
1/3 c Dijon mustard
2 T lime juice
1 t chili powder
3/4 c mayo
1/2 c white vinegar
1/3 c soy sauce
1/2 c white sugar
2 t minced garlic
1 t ginger
(this makes almost a pint of dressing, but it's yummy!  I guess you could half it, but don't leave out anything--weird combos but really good!)

Grill or bake the chicken and cut into cubes.  Cut lettuce, tomatoes, and mango.  Cook rice until tender.  For the dressing, blend the ingredients together until smooth.  Layer salad with rice on the bottom, then lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, mango, feta, and tortilla chips crushed up.  Serve with dressing.

YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment