This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Friday, February 12, 2010

Flashes of Brilliance

They're rare, but they do come occasionally.  Like the other night, as I was trying to find some frozen chicken to quickly thaw and make enchiladas out of, I had a stroke of genius.  It went like this:  we have a ton of leftover Super Seven Layer Dip from Sunday, which includes things like small chunks of chicken, ground beef, refried beans, cheese . . . all the requirements for enchiladas already cooked, already seasoned, ready to enjoy!  And so, Super Bowl Enchiladas were born!  I put the filling in the tortillas, wrapped them up, covered them with enchilada sauce and more cheese, and voila!  Insta-dinner!  I was so impressed at my brilliance . . . my picky eaters weren't so much, but hey--they never are.

Gotta love it! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment