This page is simply for my favorite recipes--one's I've tried and trust, and adore. I'm happy to share and add new ones too, just know that I plan to use this as my virtual recipe file, so they're all in one place . . . eventually! : )

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yummy-licious Post-Workout Smoothie

Today I ran.  And ran.  And then was made to do nasty ab exercises on top of it all.

Again.

It really is my fault, I keep going back.  As one of my trainers was leaving today, he said, "Don't you just love Sean?" (my other trainer) "Of course!" I replied "He's your best . . . torture device."

OK, so that last part was probably not-so-under-my-breath, but needless to say, they get results, and that's why I go, right?  And they're really great guys, funny, and fun to talk to, which helps ; )

So today, craving some fruity goodness and not having any cash (or time to drive to the smoothie-makers), I decided to make one, so here you go:

Peach-Mango Love

1 1/4 c Pina Colada Crystal Light from Uraguay (ok, I realize that not all of you have this precious commodity, so you can use apple juice instead.  Pineapple juice would be yummy too.)

1/2 c frozen mango chunks

1/2 c frozen peach chunks

1 coconut sorbet from Costco's box mix of frozen love

1 T protein powder

Yum.  Satisfying and totally delicious, and something I don't have to share.  (Mostly because no one else likes the pina colada thing, but hey, their loss!)

Now if it would just help me not be sore tomorrow . . .

; )

1 comment: